This is the first edit I made for the final product to give a visual look at what my recorded footage looked like in a sequence together, and what type of effects I would use. I knew when creating this edit that I would need to make a second edit to ensure that no problems and pieces were left unedited in the final version. I also gathered some feedback on this edit to see what other people thought of the first edit. I will take into consideration and use this feedback to edit and improve my product for the final version.
Feedback: ‘Well done Adam, you have created an engaging music video with a clear theme of love and relationships. You have framed the models to suggest their character and relationship with each other using some conventional compositions; this is effective. The urban landscape contrasting with a more natural location works well. Your take on the narrative of them breaking up and getting back together confused me on first viewing, maybe that wasn’t clear, though I did miss the dreamy flashback effect at first.
A point for improvement: your hand is visible on the exterior turnaround shot. This can be cropped slightly to exclude it.
Also your use of Blu-Tac could have been more subtle on one character as it reminds the viewer that these are inanimate models. I’m unsure of the significance of the book you chose, in considering mis-en-scene; it’s there because you chose it, can you explain why this book and not another, or another platform for the models?
This is an impressive, emotive music video Adam with many excellent qualities.’
This is the second edit I made for my product. I used the feedback I had gathered from my first edit to make sure I made changes that would benefit the final version but also the audiences attitude to the product I produce.
Feedback: PDF-Focus Group Feedback
Third And Final Edit
This is my final product for this project. I have used all research and feedback to create this product so that I know it will be a successful and good quality product that fits its intended purpose.
During the production, I spend some short time experimenting with shots to make sure that they would look the best they could be in the final recordings. I did this mostly for the darker shots that I needed for the mirror and the figure to be in. As simple in concept as these are, it took a few days of experimenting to produce these. I created the box set from black card and took a few practise shots in the first room to see what the lighting and camerawork would look like, but these shots were too dark and couldn’t be seen. I then experimented in a different location with more bright light, with a light being pointed in through a hole in the top of the set. These shots worked effectively in terms of lighting, but when looking through the footage, I found that the background and camera could be seen reflected in the mirror, so I needed to come up with an idea to block these out. I experimented using different angles to try and hide the background but this didn’t work out well in any shots, so I came up with the idea of using another sheet of black card and holding it by the side of the camera to hide background reflections in the mirror, showing only the black background. When I looked through these shots, I felt that they were the ones that worked the best so I recorded these shots again for my final product.